Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the power of a table

It is amazing what a dining room table can do.

It, more often than not, is the catch all spot for most families, and for mine as well. For so long we had not used the one we had and then we got rid of it in 2007 and just used TV trays and sat in front of the TV and ate dinner. Ricky and I wouldn't talk very much during dinner time, we were to busy being occupied by the TV...and dinner really should be family time. As I have mentioned in the previous post, a friend gave us a dining room table when we moved into the house and I have to say that I have enjoyed it so much. Granted, half of it has junk on it, but we can all see each other when we eat and actually talk....imagine that. We have only eaten there a handful of times since we have only been in the house 2 weeks and had the table up for 1, but it has been so nice to have face to face time. Maybe this will make us get along better. Things have been so stressed with the move and everything else that has been going on. I find it just so refreshing to be able to sit down and have "family time." No rushing, not much fussing, discussing the day.....like you see on TV. I have missed that, more than I realized. I guess I am just feeling like I am becoming an adult. Who knew a dining room table could that.

Happy Hump Day peeps....later!

1 comment:

black betty said...

we sit at the dinner table every night. it's nice to talk and pick on one another while we eat. it makes us ask about each other's day. i love dinner time. :)

post some pics of that baby. i wanna see more of her beautiful face!!!

xoxo