Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

I am so glad to be back at work! Sometimes I wonder why the Lord made me a mother!

Emilia had a tummy bug this weekend and let me say.....THAT WAS NO FUN!!!!! The poor thing couldn't even keep Tylenol down to help with the fever. It wasn't the virus that bothered me, it was the having to keep her home yesterday and being in limbo between being fine and being sick....the grouchiness, the whining, the clinginess, the not wanting to be touched....the damn dogs! Ugh! I tell you...bless my heart. I was having a hard time yesterday. Thank goodness the fever broke and the vomiting stopped and she was able to go back to daycare today. I love her, she is priceless, but oh....my....goodness....I need a vacation.

In other news, I found out today that one of my dearest friend's father passed away last week. Of course, she is one of my dearest friends, yet I find out about this A WEEK LATER....shame on you Amber! I know you had a ton going on, but let a girl know when you need her! I would have come a runnin'! You and your family are in my prayers! Love you, girl!

In my family news, my parent's got a new member of their household. My Great, Great, Aunt Toni and her cat, Cindy, moved in with my mom and dad this past weekend. Yes folks, that is 2 "greats." Aunt Toni is 93, I can only hope that I make it that long. My Uncle Bud (96) and Aunt Toni (93) came up here about a month ago to stay in a nursing home to be closer to my mom and dad since my mom is the closest relative. Uncle Bud passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was 96. He and Aunt Toni were married 71 years. I can't imagine living for that long, much less being married for that long. I am excited to take Emilia to meet Aunt Toni. I regret that Uncle Bud never got a chance to meet her, but at least Aunt Toni will.

I guess that is it for me today. T-4 days until Miss Emilia is 2 years old! She is getting some good stuff for her birthday. I can't wait to post pictures. She is getting a tricycle for her big birthday present. She is going to love it! I can't wait to see the look on her face.

Have a great rest of the day! Later, peeps!

1 comment:

black betty said...

sorry to hear about the loss. so sad... :(

glad that miss sassy fras is feeling better. stomach bugs are the worst!!! :P