Friday, February 20, 2009

goodbye to another little bit of baby

This weekend we are retiring the high chair. In a way I am sad, because that is just one more thing that she has outgrown, but in another way.....thank you Lord, I can get that thing out of my house!

Most of you don't know this, but Ricky and I aren't quite adults....we don't have a dining room table anymore. Yes, I believe that having a dining room table, in part, classifies you as a adult. We currently eat on TV trays. We had one once, so I don't feel all that bad, but when we moved into this house, we got rid of it. Anyway, Emilia got a table and chair set for Christmas from Grammy and Grampy and apparently has decided that this is where she wants to eat from now on. Fine by me. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the little hoover vacs, aka the dogs, from getting her food. The last two meals have been alright, but I foresee the dogs getting on the table since it is about their height.

Next thing.....converting the crib to the toddler bed.....that one might make me cry!

1 comment:

black betty said...

i loved the day we threw out the high chair, but i was like you, too. i was sad. :(