Monday, September 21, 2009

long time, no write

Hello party peeps!

I am back in action after being out for a few weeks with my emergency surgery! Boy, what a crazy ride that was. Emergency gall bladder surgery! The Dr. tells me that it was "necrotizing" which I didn't know what it was until my gynecologist explained it to. Crazy, huh! The surgeon wasn't very forthcoming with the answers to my questions, it's like he spoke in code or something. Anyway, I am better, moving around much more and I am able to pick my youngin' up now, so she is happy. She still likes to see my boo-boos and count them....uno, dos, tres, quatro. It's really cute until she does it in public and pulls my shirt up...I don't think anyone wants to see that!

So, how about them Bulldogs and Gators??? I love football season, college ball, that is. Emilia has her cheerleader outfits for both teams and looks adorable in each. I will get pics of the MSU one up soon. I have them, just not downloaded yet. We went to our first, and probably only, tailgate of the season this past weekend. Miss Emilia had a blast. She wore her orange and blue and was a big hit. She was on her best behavior. She ate some party food and watched the airplanes and the "big boon" (blimp) fly around the stadium. She was stoked to be there. We stayed for about 3 hours, then she got tuckered out. It was hot, but we had a good time sitting around, seeing and catching up with old friends. We had some friends in from Colorado that hosted the tailgate, so it was great to see Marilyn and John and spend some time with them. Emilia enjoyed the stroller ride through the field at J.J. Finley, where the tailgate was, and looking at all the Gator and Tennessee fans. She even told someone "Go Gators" through the window as we were leaving. Later that day, she watched the game with her Daddy while I was out shopping with my mom. She can now say "Tim Tebow." That's my girl!

I have a friend coming to town this week, I am so excited. My friend, Amber, from Hawaii is coming to see me. I am so excited. I haven't seen her in a year and she is such a better friend than I am since I have yet to go see her in beautiful Hawaii. She is up in MS right now and is going to swing through FL before going home on Sunday. Have I said that I am so excited?

In other Emilia news, she is singing her alphabet song now. It's pretty cute. She can even sing the end "Now said my ABC's, next time sing with me." She sang that in the tub last night. It was a proud moment. Her vocabulary has REALLY taken off since having the tubes put in. She is making whole sentences now, not just broken ones. She is very bossy! She is doing pretty well on the potty, we just have to stay consistent. Some days she goes in the potty all the time, others she only goes in her pants, but I guess that's part of learning. She says "potty break," it's so funny! OH, and the funniest thing is that she calls Ricky "Wicky." It's so funny! I correct her every time and tell her that she has to call him "Daddy," but she still calls him "Wicky." He thinks it's great.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I hope to have some pics up soon of the MSU outfit and the tailgate. I know I am due to show some new pics, so I will have them up soon.

Later!

No comments: