Tuesday, March 24, 2009

super easy smothered pork chops

These are so easy and so yummy for something a little different. I tried this last night and it was a hit!

4 pork chops
salt, pepper and garlic salt or powder
onion
mushrooms (fresh or canned)
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Brown the chops, medium high. Add the onion (I use minced onions because I hate onions unless they are fried) and mushrooms (I use canned because I am cheap) and saute for approx. 1 minute. Add cream of mushroom soup. Cover and simmer on medium low 20-30 minutes or until chops are thoroughly cooked.

These were so good and so tender. If you try them, let me know what you think. I also have a great recipe for another kind of smothered pork chops that you brown in butter and cracker crumbs....that is TO DIE FOR....but fattier. :)

later peeps....

No comments: