Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ugh!!!!

I broke my NUMBER 1 RULE last night. I can't believe it....I let Emilia sleep with us last night. WHAT!?!?!!?!?!!? I know what you are thinking. This is what lack of good sleep will do to you. Here she is, just shy of 2 years old and has never slept in the bed with us, not one night, until last night. For some reason she has gotten this aversion to sleeping in her own bed and I swear, will stay up all night just to get her way. Night before last, we were up until 2:30....I know, I know, what in the world is a toddler doing up at 2:30 in the morning....that is my strong willed child that we are talking about.....talk about Mama being tired. I didn't have the fight in me last night. We put her to bed at the normal time and she screamed and cried for 45 minutes until she literally fell asleep standing up with her head on the side of the crib. She didn't throw up last night, but she tried. This is a new thing that she has learned through getting sick....Mama and daddy come running when she throws up....now she tries to make herself throw up. I have to say, it was funny to listen to, but it pissed me off too. She is no dummy, that's for sure! Anyway, needless to say the crib is being turned into the toddler bed TONIGHT! If I have to sit in there and rub her back for however long it takes to get her to go to sleep, then so be it, but come hell or high water, she will be sleeping in her bed again. Maybe she is back to having night terrors and she is scared of her room. I don't know, I am all out of guesses anymore. At this point, I am doing good to get through the day.

1 comment:

AM said...

co sleeping is not so bad...when mama needs sleep, sometimes it's worth it. GB slept with us a lot...and it wasn't hard to break her. It's a treat now. To be honest, I miss it sometimes...now she's too big for all 3 of us to fit in bed.