Tuesday, February 2, 2010

more emilia news

Well, it has finally come to it. We went to see the ENT today and the tonsils are definitely coming out. Now we just need to figure who, what, when and where. Our first step is a sleep study. This is mandatory for all children under 4 who are getting their tonsils removed. I will spare you all the story, but this will tell us whether our usual ENT will be removing them as an outpatient surgery or if she will have an extended stay at Shands with a Dr. whom we have yet to meet. This is all very scary for me. I don't want my baby to have to STAY in the hospital. I don't want her to have to go through this at all, but it has to be done. It is agreed by all that she will be much better off with those pesky things gone. Anyway, say a big prayer for us. We will know within the week about when the sleep study will be done.

We also went to the dentist today....I know, the Dr. and the Dentist in one day. Yes, my night was hell, but she passed out at 8:15. I got an early night. Anyway, we thought there was going to be an emergency, but there isn't. Even though she is in pain and has to eat soft food, her teeth are perfect says the dentist. (which is amazing seeing as how little we brush them) Milk does a body good. And lord knows we go through some milk! Anyway, one of her top 2 yr. molars is still coming in and bringing a little bit of gum with it. We just have to brush a little more aggressively to push the gum back up. She did great at the dentist. Can I just say that I wish dentists were that cool when I was younger. We went to Kids Only in Haile Plantation and boy, it sure was nice. She got to watch Max and Ruby while they were looking in her mouth. TVs right over their head and a cool toy tower to get a toy from when they leave. She got a new Pooh toothbrush and some toothpaste and some princes floss picks, all in a cool little carry case. It was pretty nice.

In other Emilia news, her latest growth spurt has brought her up to 30 lbs. and she is 2 ft. 11 in. tall. She is almost out of a 2T. I didn't think I would see the day. She was always so tiny, or a Pixie as her Aunt Kristi calls her. She is getting so big. And sassy. If I thought she was spirited before....boy, was I wrong. She is nothing but sass.

1 comment:

black betty said...

poor baby, girl. i'm thinking about y'all. :)